- 1 1/2 cups (248g) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cups (132g) chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (112g) butter (like Nuttelex)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) milk (soy or almond)
- 1/2 cup (110g) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) caster sugar
- 3 teaspoon egg replacement mixed with appropriate amount of water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius (or 160 fan forced).
- Whisk together flour, xanthan gum, baking powder and soda, and salt in a medium sized bowl.
- In a saucepan, gently melt butter, milk and both sugars, whisking on a low heat. Allow to cool and then add egg replacement and vanilla to mix.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet mixture and then fold in half of the chocolate chips.
- Line chosen tray with baking paper and pour out the batter, topping with the rest of the chocolate chips.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a little brown.
- Once out of the oven, let cool just enough to touch without burning your fingers. Cool it fully on a cooling tray.
- Top with vegan ice-cream or a sweet sauce and enjoy!